Only you can change your Windows version. It’s not possible to install Windows onto your PC via the Windows Store app. So if for some reason you want to change your Windows version, you can find your current one here. We also have a guide that will show you how to check your Windows version in the Windows Store app.
Windows 10 is the latest Windows to be installed on your device. the new operating system features numerous changes compared with its predecessors. One of the most important is the new Windows version, which is now known as Windows version 11.
The Windows 10 November Update was released on November 12, 2015, and provided some new features for Windows 10 users. However, the update also caused some problems for some people. Despite what you might think, Microsoft has said that the update provides a stable and stable platform for the Windows 10 operating system.. Read more about windows 11 checker and let us know what you think.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a kid, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
- You may use the Settings app or the Control Panel to check the version of Windows 11 on your PC.
- Command Prompt is a simple program that may assist you with this job if you’re a more experienced user.
- You may use one of the numerous built-in tools to verify your Windows 11 version in a couple of seconds.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Knowing what version of Windows you’re running, particularly if it’s a Beta or Dev edition, may be very helpful. Because there are many versions of Windows 11, there are some small variations between them.
Certain versions of Windows may have compatibility problems or flaws, so knowing whether yours is one of them is critical.
Because security flaws often target a particular version of Windows, understanding your version and whether or not it is vulnerable is critical.
Many people want to know whether their version of Windows has particular capabilities and if it can run specific applications, apart from security concerns.
These are just a few of the reasons why you should verify your Windows 11 version, and we’ll teach you how to do so in this tutorial.
What exactly is the difference between a version and a build?
Windows software is typically accompanied by the version and the build number, as you may have observed. The two are not interchangeable, and the build is often seen as a component of the application.
The version, on the other hand, is a completed application that is an extension of the build. Build numbers, on the other hand, are typically linked with test goods.
This is why build numbers are updated regularly whenever anything in the program changes. Pay careful attention to the build number if you’re running a test version of Windows.
If you’re working on a completed version, you should only be judged by the version number.
What are the differences between the various Windows 11 editions?
A Windows edition is a distinct version of Windows that has a few characteristics that set it apart from previous Windows versions.
There are seven distinct editions of Windows 11, which are as follows:
- Windows 11 Home Edition
- Windows 11 Professional
- Education Edition of Windows 11
- Workstations may use Windows 11 Pro.
- Enterprise edition of Windows 11
- Windows 11 Education is a new operating system by Microsoft.
- Mixed Reality in Windows 11
The precise changes between versions are unknown, however we do know that the Home edition will need a Microsoft Account to sign in and use it, while the Pro edition would not.
We anticipate that, like with previous versions of Windows, the Pro edition will have a number of features that aren’t accessible in the Home edition.
How can I find out what version of Windows 11 I have?
Use the Settings app to begin.
- Select the Settings app from the Start Menu.
- Select System from the left-hand menu. Select About in the right pane.
- You should be able to view your Windows 11 version as well as other helpful information in there.
The Start Menu has seen significant modifications, and although you can’t personalize it, you can still shift it to the left with Windows 11.
2. Make use of the Control Panel
- To launch the Run window, press Windows Key + R.
- Press Enter or click OK after typing control.
- Now navigate to the Security and System section.
- Choose a system.
- The version information will now display on the About page.
3. Make use of the winver program.
- Launch the Run dialog box. You may use the Windows Key + R shortcut to do this.
- Now type winver into the search box and hit Enter or OK.
- A new window will open, and you’ll be able to view details about Windows 11 version.
4. Take use of the Command Prompt
- Type cmd by pressing Windows Key + R. Click OK or press Enter.
- Type ver and click Enter when the Command Prompt appears.
- You should now be able to view the Windows 11 build version that you’re running.
5. Use the msinfo32 command.
- Enter msinfo32 by pressing Windows Key + R. Enter the code.
- A new window will open, displaying the name of your operating system and the version you’re running.
Is Windows 11 available in a 32-bit version?
Windows 11 has no 32-bit version, and because the operating system needs a 64-bit CPU to install, it’s clear that Microsoft intends to phase out support for 32-bit processors.
We’re sure that there won’t be a 32-bit version of the newest Windows version since even the stated hardware requirements don’t include 32-bit CPUs.
Because 32-bit CPUs have almost entirely been replaced by 64-bit processors, it’s no surprise that Microsoft intends to stop supporting 32-bit Windows and concentrate exclusively on the 64-bit version.
What happens if I don’t update my Windows 11 to the newest version?
In most instances, if your Windows is out of date, nothing will happen. Keep in mind, however, that in order to keep your system secure, you must update it on a regular basis.
Every day, new malware is launched, and if you don’t keep your system up to date, you risk being infected, particularly if your version has a security hole.
You may lose out on numerous upgrades, new features, and bug fixes if your system isn’t up to date, in addition to security.
If you want to verify your Windows 11 version, you should know that it’s a simple and quick procedure that you can do in a matter of seconds using our tools.
Knowing which version you have installed is important, particularly if you want to make sure you have the most recent version that isn’t incompatible.
What is your preferred method of checking Windows information? Please let us know in the comments section below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
If you are running Windows 10, you should be fine. The Windows 10 Creators Update does not include the new features that the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update offers. You can check which version of Windows you are using by right-clicking on your start button and select the ‘System’ option, then select the ‘About’ option. The about window will show your version of windows.. Read more about pc health check windows 11 download and let us know what you think.
- windows 11 release date to download
- windows 11 download
- pc health check app windows 11
- windows 11 pc health check
- when is windows 11 coming out