This guide explores the process of using your Android smartphone to control an Apple TV. This can be helpful when you want to stream content from your phone, but don’t have a remote handy or are trying to use it in another room.
The “control apple tv with android phone” is a guide that will teach you how to control your Apple TV with your Android smartphone.
Apple TV is a popular streaming gadget that allows us to watch all of our favorite media material on a larger screen. Several streaming applications are supported by the device. To navigate, the gadget comes with the Siri-enabled Apple TV remote on Apple TV. The remote is what allows us to swiftly operate the gadget. If your Apple TV remote is broken or not operating correctly, you’ll need to replace it, which will cost roughly $60. If you want to save money, you may operate your Apple TV using your Android smartphone. You could be wondering how to operate an Apple TV with Android; by reading this post, you can get the solution to that question.
How to Use Android Smartphones to Control Apple TV
On the Google Play Store, you’ll discover a plethora of remote apps. Among these, AnyMote Universal Remote is one of the greatest Apple TV applications you can get. The software allows you to operate your Apple TV through WiFi or an IR blaster. The app has a user-friendly layout that allows you to effortlessly operate your device. You must first set up the AnyMote app on your Smartphone before using it to manage Apple TV. Let’s take a closer look at the technique.
How to Install the AnyMote App on an Android Device
1. Download the AnyMote apk from any reliable source and install it on your Android smartphone.
2. Open the app and choose the option to Control my WiFi Devices.
3. Select Apple TV (Beta) from the drop-down menu that displays.
4. The AnyMote app will now search your WiFi network for the Apple TV. Select your Apple TV from the list when it displays.
5. Now go to the Remote sub-menu in the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Settings >> General >> Remote on Apple TV Generations 1-3.
- Settings >> Remotes and Devices >> Remote Apps and Devices on Apple TV Generation 4 and 5.
6. Select AnyMote – Smart Remote from the sub-menu and enter the pin code shown on your Android smartphone.
7. The link between AnyMote and Apple TV is now established.
Related: [Guide] How to Charge an Apple TV Remote and Check the Battery Level
With the AnyMote App, you can control your Apple TV from your Android device.
1. Open the AnyMote app on your Android smartphone first.
2. The app will now display a virtual remote with the same buttons as the actual Apple TV remote.
3. To navigate, use the directional buttons in the centre and then click the OK button to make a choice.
4. Multimedia controls such as play, rewind, and fast-forward will be present at the bottom of the screen. It also has buttons such as Home, Menu, Play, and Keyboard.
- Home: This button takes you back to the Apple TV home screen.
- Back to previous on-screen menu: Used to return to the previous on-screen menu.
- Play/Pause: This button is used to play or pause the material.
- Use this button to text on Apple TV using the keyboard from your Android mobile.
How to Use the Remote to Fast Forward on Apple TV
Problems with AnyMote App Solutions
If your Apple TV is not ready to connect to Apple TV or you are unable to operate the device once it has been connected, you should try the methods listed below.
- Ascertain that your Apple TV and Android smartphones are both connected to the same Wifi network.
- To resolve the difficulties, restart both devices.
- Make an effort to start pairing from the beginning.
Coming to a close
The AnyMote app is simple to set up and use. So, if your Apple TV remote fails, you may use the Anymote app to operate your device right away. It is pointless to spend money on a new remote. I hope this section has provided you with clear instructions on how to operate Apple TV from an Android device. Still, if you have any questions, please leave a remark below.
Watch This Video-
This is a guide that will teach you how to control your Apple TV with an Android smartphone. Reference: apple tv remote samsung.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I control my Apple TV with my Android phone?
A: The best way to control your Apple TV is through the remote. However, if you are looking for a more technical solution that doesnt involve reaching behind the television or bringing out an old paperclip in order to operate it, then follow these steps on how to get started with AirPlay 2 instead of using its app.
Can you use an Android phone with Apple TV?
A: One of the most common questions we get is can I use my Android phone on Apple TV? The answer to this question is no. You cannot stream movies and music from your phone or tablet directly to an Apple TV, as they do not support each others operating systems.
Can I control my TV with my Android phone?
A: Yes, you can use a SmartThings Hub to control your TV with an Android device.
- control apple tv with android reddit
- anymote apple tv
- set up apple tv with android phone
- best apple tv remote app for android
- how to control apple tv with iphone