Windows has hidden folders that can be accessed by pressing the Windows key + E. These folders are hidden so they cannot be seen in normal view, but can be accessed with this keyboard shortcut.
The pureinfotech windows 11 is a tutorial that shows how to view hidden folders and files in Windows.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Windows & Software Expert
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Because your operating system hides certain data by default, let us show you how to examine Hidden Folders and Files in Windows 11 with simplicity.
- As stated below, the trick entails using the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option.
- When it comes to Protected Hidden Files, you can also use File Explorer’s advanced options to achieve your purpose.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This software will fix common computer faults, protect you from file loss, malware, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct issues that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
We opt not to be troubled by the OS’s Hidden Files in our daily lives. This is most likely because our computers are already overburdened with data.
How to View Hidden Folders and Files in Windows 11 appears to be of interest to some of you. Before you do anything else, you should be aware that File Explorer is your primary tool for doing so. If File Explorer is crashing, don’t hesitate to try one of our quick remedies to get things back to normal as soon as possible.
If the trick with Windows 10 was to use Change Folder and Search Options, things are a little different in the latest OS version.
The end result, though, is the same, and our tutorial contains some basic procedures that you may start using right away. So make sure you read it all the way through to learn how to manage data according to your personal needs.
What You Should Know About Hidden Folders and Files
- Certain folders and files are hidden by default in Windows 11, but that doesn’t mean they’re gone forever.
- It doesn’t mean they don’t take up disk space on your computer just because you can’t see them in regular terms.
- The option to hide files and folders is useful for reducing visible clutter.
- Changing the characteristics of crucial Hidden System Files may be blocked by some antivirus software.
- It’s worth noting that some third-party software on your computer may conceal such files behind a password rather than using the hidden property.
In Windows 11, how do I see hidden folders and files?
1. Select the option to display hidden files, folders, and drives.
- To open File Explorer, press the icon on your desktop taskbar.
- Click the three horizontal dots, then select Settings to open more File Explorer options.
- Select the View tab, then search for and expand Hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck the box that says Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives, then select Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- Apply, then OK, and then close the window.
As you can see, if you want to examine Hidden Folders and Files in Windows 11, this is a simple technique that you should try.
All you have to do is use File Explorer’s settings and turn on the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option.
You can quickly view the Hidden Files and Folders Option by following the steps above. Let us remind you, however, that your operating system has Protected Operating System Files in addition to the usual concealed objects.
2. Remove the check mark next to Hide Protected Operating System Files.
- Follow the first two steps in the previous technique to open File Explorer Options.
- Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) should be unchecked.
- Click Apply, then OK, and finally Exit.
When you display Hidden Folders and Files, Windows will continue to hide Protected Operating System Files, as previously stated. They’re easy to spot because they have the system attribute.
Changing or deleting such files might have a significant impact on your system. If you need to access them for a genuine reason, follow the steps above exactly as directed, otherwise you risk harming your operating system.
Return the Unhidden Folders and Files to their original location.
To do so, simply use the advanced options in File Explorer that you learned about in this post, then checkmark back. Files, folders, and drivers that are hidden are not visible.
If you change your mind after unhiding them, this will absolutely meet your demands. Except for the final steps, it’s the same procedure as in the first solution.
As you can see, seeing Hidden Folders and Files in Windows 11 is quite straightforward. In addition, you may read a thorough Windows 11 22000.65 build review to refresh your knowledge of the new OS architecture.
Please do not hesitate to leave a remark in the box below if you have any further views or questions. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this technique in particular, as well as the OS that’s been in the news recently.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I show hidden files in Windows 11?
To show hidden files in Windows 11, you will need to use a third party file explorer such as Total Commander or Explorer.
How do I unhide folders in Windows 11?
To unhide folders in Windows 11, you will need to hold down the Shift key and right-click on the folder. A new menu will appear with a few options. Select Unhide from the list of options.
How do I show hidden files and folders?
You can show hidden files and folders by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, then typing in show hidden files.